What is a base facilities management agency?
Base facilities management agencies include:
• The Department of Defense, Defense Industrial Base Facility
• The Department of Defense Major Range and Test Facilities Base
If you’re a current or former time-limited (a term or temporary appointment) employee of a Defense Industrial Base Facility or the Major Range and Test Facilities Base, you may be eligible to apply for:
- A permanent, merit promotion job, at any agency, when the agency is accepting applications from individuals outside its own workforce.
- A permanent, merit promotion job, at a Department of Defense, Defense Industrial Base Facility or Major Range and Test Facilities base or any other Department of Defense component, if these facilities are accepting applications from individuals within their own workforce.
To be eligible you must meet all of the following conditions:
- You’re a current or former employee of a Defense Industrial Base Facility or the Major Range and Test Facilities Base.
- Your job is or was a time-limited appointment in the competitive service.
- You were originally hired under open, competitive examination under Subchapter I of Chapter 33 of such title to the time-limited appointment.
How do I know a job is open to the base facilities management workforce?
In the job announcement look for the This job is open to section. Look for the Land and base management icon:
You can also select the Land & base management filter in search. Read the job announcement to see if the job is open to base facilities management employees.
You may also apply to jobs open only to the base facilities management agencies listed above or a Department of Defense agency or office if they’re hiring internally. Look for the Internal to an agency icon: